My Blog List

Friday, April 15, 2011

Those bad, bad, bad, evil lil things!


Oh My Gosh!!!  This is just wrong!  These little delectable bites of chocolate are just pure EVIL!  Why, why, why do I LOVE them so much?  Why do I CRAVE them like I do at Easter time?  Cadbury Cream Eggs are my downfall.  They just are.  I remember when they came out on the market (yep, I am that old).  My mom always loaded my Easter basket with all types of chocolate.  It was the one of the few times out of the year that I was allowed to eat a lot of chocolate.  Mom always watched what I ate.  She was really good with trying to get what was the new “hip” candy at that time.  She saw the little blue, red and yellow foil  wrappers that looked like eggs and thought that I would like to try them.  Shame on you mom!  Lol, I now have a full blown addiction to these little bites of EVIL.  Yes, I say addiction.  I can go into a store at Easter time and go around the Easter candy and my mouth starts to water at the thought of popping one into my pie hole.    I have never been able to walk past without buying them. 

So this year, I was doing really good.  I have already bought my son’s Easter basket stuff and walked past the Cadbury Eggs without grabbing any.  Was I tempted?  Sure!  But my weight loss is more important than these little chocolate eggs.  Wouldn’t you know it…… my neighbor brought over Cadbury Egg minis and Cadbury Carmel Egg minis.  She remembered that I love them and thought I would like some.  GGGRRRR!  Sabotage!  She knows that I have had lapband surgery!  She is still in the mindset that I can eat whatever I want.  I have tried to tell her that I cant!  I tried to give them back to her, but she left them on my coffee table.  I cant resist them.  I trembled as I opened up the little container of the crème eggs.  I unwrapped one and plopped it into my mouth.  Oh my it taste SOOOOOO good.  I know I shouldn’t have done it, but I did.  Then I did it again.  Yep, I had another.  I had to physically take them and throw them away so I would not eat them.  I do not want to go back to my old way of eating.  


So, is there anyone else out there reading this that struggles with a certain food?  If so, what is it and what have you done to overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment