My Blog List

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hello!

I guess I am going to get on this band wagon and start blogging.  Hi, my name is Stacy.  I have been obese all of my adult life.  I am sick and tired of being obese!  After trying each and every diet (ok, almost) known to mankind, I decided to take drastic measures!  I started the process for lap-band surgery back in August 2010.  On February 22, 2011 I had the procedure.  What was suppose to be an outpatient procedure turned into a 2 night stay.  My diabetes skyrocketed during surgery and I acquired a HUGE headache from the anesthesia.  They kept me until my diabetes were more controllable. 

There is more to me than just being obese and having WLS.  I am happily married to a wonderful man who loves me regardless of body size or shape.  He has been most supportive through this whole process and I couldnt have asked for anyone better to join me on the journey.  He is my soul mate!!  I am also a mommy. :)  Our son is almost seven years old.  Surgery scared him a bit because he just didnt understand what mommy was going through or why - even though we explained it to him. 

We are also a family who goes to Disney quite a bit.  My husband works really hard through the week and is a full time student.  He likes to have down time by riding rides and just spending quality time with me and our son.  I am also a full time student.  I started late in life (30's) before I went to college.  But now I have almost 2 years behind me and in 2 more I will have my Bachelors degree in Technology!!  Whoop Whoop.  It's been hard, but I can do this.  Both of my in-laws have had Alzheimers, so I decided that I needed to do something just in case my husband got it to.  I thought that I might need to take care of the family one day!  So, I became school bound. 

I started this journey at 340 pounds.  I did not try very hard to lose weight before surgery.  At the time of my surgery I weighed 328 lbs.  Today, I now weigh 302.  It has been a slow transition, but I would rather loose slow and keep it off. 

Thank you for joining me on this journey!  I welcome any input!

No comments:

Post a Comment